Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good read!

Well kids, I’m tapping out.  No more reality for me!  After an incredibly shitty year in which I lost my job (and had to change career paths), a mysterious hospital visit, and working a job that I had to quite due to panic attacks, I decided that I couldn’t stand the thought of a high-stress, pressure-filled Christmas.  So I did what any reasonable adult would do – I’ve decided to run away from home.  That’s right, for a whole week (starting tomorrow), I’ll be lounging on a beach on the Caribbean.  Nothing but me, some flip-flops, and a whole bunch of books!

I’m brining a smaller Charlain Harris run (something about dead people?  I’ll investigate further from the beach), the Pendegast/D’Agosta series (minus the first 2, since I’ve read them recently), and my all time favorite Christmas read for the 25th: Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal.  And, just in case I run out, I’m also brining my eReader.

I’ve promised myself that I will do nothing BUT read.  The plan is to go from bed to the beach with my book(s) for 6 days.  I’ve been looking forward to this soooooo badly for the last 6 weeks.

So, I wish all my readers a wonderful holiday, and encourage you all to check back here in the New Year for my beach-reading reviews, and the reviews of books I’ve got waiting for me when I get home!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment