Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jan Berenstain



I started my love of reading young.  I thank my parents for that – they inspired me to read, and they gave me the tools to do so.  One of the biggest parts of my literary childhood was the Berenstain Bears books by Stan and Jan Berenstain .  

These books were my roommates, my playmates, and from the ages of 3 to 8, my soul-mates.  I have a whole whack of them, and I know they’re still tucked away in boxes in my parents’ basement, waiting to be taken out again and loved.  

A few years ago, I was sad to hear that Stan Berenstain had passed away, and we’ve recently lost Jan Berenstain as well.  Our world gets a little smaller and a little sadder when we loose the people who helped us build it.  Both authors, who were prolific to the end, will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment